Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Baby Fabric Rings

I originally found this tutorial HERE and revised the last part to make it my own (and maybe because I could have possibly broken my mother's sewing machine...love you mom!). I think my problem came up because I put too much batting in each one of the rings...guess I'll do better next time but I know my chubba wubba is gonna love these! (Ill post pictures sometime when it's not midnight and he is actually awake)


Ok, start with different strips, 2 1/2 in by 8 1/2 in. You can do as many strips as you want. I made 6, messed up 1, so my end result was 5. =D

Fold each strip in half, right sides together, and sew along the outer edge.
I have NO idea why it posted the same pictures twice and it wont let me delete them so...in case you missed the pictures above :)

Now flip the fabric right side out and sew along one edge. Stuff with batting, enough so it is soft for baby to play with but not packed tight so they wont bend easily.
Now on this last part, I busted my mom's sewing machine by trying to feed the rings through and sew them together so after ruining one ring, I decided my best friend (the hot glue gun) was my next best option. I folded the open end of the ring in about a 1/4 in, applied the glue all around the inside of the ring, and the shoved the sewn side in and pressed down hard so the glue would hold everything together.
Ta-da! Baby rings for my drooling boy. What's lovely is that you can pop 'em in the washer! Dont put them in the dryer if you end up using the hot glue like I did...itll melt and the whole thing will come apart.
And now onto my last picture of the day...Petey's new embellished shirt. Tutorial for the rosettes was found HERE. They were super easy and I never had to bust out a sewing machine!

No comments: