Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wild Wednesday- Find the positives

You are in luck.
Today, I have more than one negative to positive story.

But first, let's start off with some proof from my "How Do I" post a few weeks ago. Remember how I said Petey doesnt grow very fast?Proof! This is my girl in size 6 month pants. Yeah they are too short but they are not too tight anywhere.

So back to my goal---turning my negative day into a positive day.
It all started when Petey woke up crying again last night. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I do not like my kids sleeping in my bed. I don't like it for my own comfort but I also don't like it because of the habits it teaches kids.
See? She ended up in our bed. Because I was too exhausted to fight with her.
But this morning I woke up and I had forgotten she was sleeping next to me. I was immediately grateful that this ear infection happened while we are staying at my parent's house. Their king size bed made sleep still possible when we brought our sick girl into the bed with us.


So later in the day, I took all of the kids outside. I snapped a lot of pictures and we had a lot of fun.
I set my phone and camera on the top of my car and went on playing with the kids.
Then my sister invited us to go to a park by her house so I loaded the kids up and drove away.
Are you connecting the problem yet?
I didn't remember that my phone AND camera were on my car until we got to the park.
By the time we got home, I put the kids down for naps and started walking the cul-de-sac trying to find my camera, while calling my cell phone from the home phone.
A neighbor had picked up my cell phone OUT OF THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET and had it at their house waiting for me.
I asked some neighbor girls if they had seen my camera and even though they hadnt, they all hopped on their bikes and searched the street for it.
And they found it.
Someone had run over it and when they handed it to me, it was in two pieces.
I cried. I was heartbroken. And then I checked my sd card. It was safe! My recent photos were saved!
And then a dear friend found out what had happened and offered me a free digital camera that she doesnt use.
So obviously this turned out positive.
I'm so glad I didn't lose this picture.
Or this sweet picture of George sharing the basketball with Spidey. So sweet.
Today turned out ok. It wasnt the best of days but we turned it into something positive. That's what matters most.
And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: