Monday, March 22, 2010

My Boys

If you ever wondered what love is all about, take a look at this picture.
The day I took that positive pregnancy test, our lives were flipped upsidedown. My 9 month old smiled at me as I walked out of that bathroom and I handed the test to my husband, who took a day or two to adjust and finally utter some words to me again. We were scared. We had no idea this would happen this soon. But soon was meant to be and soon it was. At 19 weeks pregnant, I walked into that ultrasound room praying for a little girl. In the back of my mind, I knew (or moreso feared) that it would be a boy but I hoped so badly for another daughter. My husband decided he wanted it to be a surprise (which lasted 24 hours) but that tech quietly told me my baby's gender and my world seemed to fall apart. I know you think that's ridiculous but it was what it was. I was so scared. I called my sister crying and told her the news. She told me to stop crying and be happy.
The day that baby boy joined our family, I couldn't imagine my life any other way. Sure, I cant put bows on him or dress him up in pretty dresses but is that really what life is all about? I did not know babies came as happy as he was all of the time. His precious, chubby smile is the best. His red hair is adorable. He belongs in this family and I will never ever regret that second child being a boy. I love him more than I thought I could love one small precious being. My boys [and my girl] are my life and I simply love the men that live in my house!
By the way, special thanks to SimplyYou Photography for this amazing photo of my boys.

No comments: