Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Marriage, Strep Throat, and Netflix

 Oh, hello there. Haven't heard from me in a while? It's been a busy couple of weeks.

First, we had a sick little girl the day before Boss' brother got married in Tucson. This momma was so worried! I didn't want any of our family missing the wedding. Luckily, her bug seemed to last less than 24 hours and she was able to be the cutest little flower girl!
 I wish wish WISH this picture wasn't blurry. I'm kicking myself that I didn't bring my camera to the wedding because Spidey was the cutest little 'sign holder'. I was so proud of both of my kids for walking down the aisle and not being too scared.
My mother in law made the flower girl dresses and they turned out really cute.

After the wedding was over, we headed home and had an uneventful weekend followed by an eventful Monday! Spidey woke up crying and was complaining that his tummy hurt. He refused to walk around the house and he stayed in our bed until almost 10am. I finally called the doctor and got my Bubs in for an appointment.
After waiting and a couple of tests, we found out our little boy had strep throat. Ick! I was so sad for him. Petey has had strep twice but this was a first time for Spidey.
As we were driving home, I asked Spidey if there was anything he would eat. He said french fries would do the trick. :)
If the sick little boy wants french fries, the sick little boy gets french fries.
 This was Spidey's smile. Can you tell he felt horrible?
 Ok, now can you tell he felt horrible? Poor boy.
 Since Petey was with Grandma the ENTIRE day, Spidey spent the day on the couch either by himself or snuggling with his momma. I was thinking it would be a hard day, having a super sick boy, but I was beyond grateful for an opportunity to spend an entire day with my Spidey.
 Also, another reason you haven't heard from me in 2 weeks is because we got Netflix! We actually signed up for it the night before Spidey got sick and the timing couldn't have been better. He was so happy to watch tons of new movies all day.
Luckily, it has been 2 days since Spidey got diagnosed with strep and he is his happy old self again.

I'm hoping that it won't be another two weeks before my next post but since I've been spending my time catching up on the Kardashians and Sister Wives, I can't make any promises. Also, I did finish the first season of Downton Abbey and I wish that Netflix would put the second season up!


PS: In case you were worried, I promise I've been an active mother this week as well. We don't spend all day watching things on Netflix. It is just exciting since the only "tv" we've ever had was a dvd player.

No comments: