Saturday, November 16, 2013

I'm Freaking Awesome {And so are you}

I have problems---as if that was news to a single one of you. Ha!

My problem today is something I'd like to address with my readers.

Life is hard, people. It really is. For everyone! Everyone goes through things that test their strength.

The first problem I have is this: What is so wrong about knowing you are awesome?
Seriously. I know there is a tiny hint of sarcasm whenever I call myself awesome but in all reality, I really am. And so are you. I'm not asking you to go around telling everyone of the amazing things you do. There is also something to be said about being humble. But there is NO REASON why you shouldn't fully believe you are awesome. Give yourself credit for the things you do. There is so much worth in your life.

On an almost-opposite-but-still-a-huge-problem note, there are certain comments that always make me cringe.
"___ kids is so easy. Just wait til you have ___ kids." One of my least favorites to hear. A lot of days my 2 kids are hard. When I had one kid, she was hard. I'm just going to assume that if I had 3, 4, 5, 6, etc kids, it would be hard sometimes. I respect people who decide to have big families. I also respect people who choose to have one child. I extremely respect those who yearn to have more children but can't. Any amount of children is hard work. It is a full time job to keep my kids fed, clean, happy, successfully learning, etc and on top of that, I am in school full time and babysitting other kids. Oh wait, AND I'm supposed to keep the house clean? Is this serious?! Children are the best thing that has ever happened to me. It just makes me sad when people seem to negate the fact that having 2 kids is hard. I know you've 'been there, done that' and have now moved on to bigger things {mainly, bigger families} but just try to remember what it was like to have two. It was still challenging. And if it wasn't, please remember that we were not all born the same. What is easy for you might be the biggest challenge I'll ever experience.

That last sentence brings me to my main point. We are all different. That is one of my favorite things about life. I learn so much from the people I surround myself with. My best friend often asks why we are friends because I'm such a picky eater and she easily tries new things. I think we are friends because she pushes me to do things I wouldn't normally do. Did you even know that my sister got me to re-try a fish taco and I kinda sorta liked it a little teensy weensy bit? :) I've always hated seafood with a passion. I also have friends who have gone through similiar trials and are there to talk when I need them. Do you think we are exactly the same? Heck no, though sometimes I wish we were because my friends are seriously the bomb and I'd be super lucky to be like them. But I'm already super lucky to be me!
If you are a female reading this, the quote below completely and fully applies to you.
I love knowing that no matter what, I am a princess. A real princess. And so are you.

So don't comare yourselves to others. Try to find what's super awesome about YOU. Trust me, there is a lot. Everyone has hard times, easy times, fun times, sad times, painful times, etc. So when you see someone who might be having a rough time, remember their worth too. Love them. Lift them up.

And remember to love yourself.

No comments: