Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Big Little Girl

There is so much to say about my big, little girl, Petey. In her 4 1/2 years of life, this little girl has been the perfect 'first child'. She is so helpful and seems to always be there when I need an extra hand. She is also sweet and doesn't like it when people are sad.
For example, lately whenever I ask her to do something, she replies with, "Yes, ma'am."
I keep wondering who taught her to talk like that!

Obviously, she has her moments. I'm not trying to say that my little girl is perfect but I am beyond grateful for her sweet moments.

Speaking of her growing up, a couple of weeks ago she wanted to ride her bike to the park but I had Spidey and he can't ride a bike yet so I thought of a different plan.
Yes, that's my girl, riding her bike by herself home from the park. She was nervous at first and cried for a bit when I told her we'd be driving but I assured her she would be fine.
Spidey loved watching her from the car and cheering her on. {On a side note, isn't it freaking awesome that the middle windows on my new van roll down?}

Also, this morning, I had just finished making my breakfast when the little baby I watch decided he needed to eat. I was trying to hurry up and finish when Petey came up to me and said, "Mom, don't worry about it. I'll feed him for you." And she did. {Have I mentioned how much I hope we have more babies? Her helpfulness is making me want one even more!}

As a last little bragging note, Petey has been learning to sound out words recently. I am having a hard time believing one of my babies is old enough for such a thing but she is doing it so well. We work a little on it each day and I love seeing the lightbulb go off in her head when she realizes the word she's trying to sound out. It makes me such a proud mom to see her learning and doing new things.

Have I mentioned how much I love that little girl? Well, I do. She is one of a kind.

And that's how Suze brags.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I tagged you for a "Liebster Award" and if you care to play along, all the details are here:http://crawford1994.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award-my-first-blog-award.html