Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Effort

When you make an effort to make a friend, keep a friend, etc and the other person has NO desire to make that same effort, would you just give up?
My husband says I should. He says, "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."
I don't know why I cant just give up. This certain relationship means so much to me and yet there is nothing on the recieving end.
Stinks, doesn't it?


And if youre LDS, you may understand this next part. If not, Ill try and give some details about it. In my church, we receive callings and since the week I turned 18, I have been in primary (helping with the children, ages 3-11). A new year is beginning...I am now 22...and guess what is still the ONLY calling I have ever had? You guessed it, primary. I love these kids so much and yet, I wonder why it seems to be the only calling I am trusted with. Am I still too close in age to the Young Women (girls, ages 12-18) to teach them? I would feel VERY inadequate teaching Relief Society (women, 18yrs and up) so maybe that means I am too young for anything other than primary. Does it make it harder that both of my active sisters have callings in Young Womens? Yes, yes it does. But it's really not a complaint, more of an observation. I love the personalities of my young kids and yet, it has been 4 years...a change would be nice. Someday it'll happen. Trust me, someday it will. And then I will let you know...But maybe Im scared for it to happen because maybe, just maybe, I'm scared for whatever else they might have in store for me. I'm not a fan of big change.

Goodnight for now...and Merry Christmas! I cannot wait for my kiddos to open all of their awesome presents...maybe I went overboard...I just really love them and everything seemed perfect to buy for Miss Petey! :)

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: