Friday, December 4, 2009

Hi, it's me

Here I am in all of my 50lb overweight glory. I decided to take a picture because no matter what I look like, I want to remember these moments and I want to remember being a part of them...not just being in the background like I usually am.
Here I am 3 years ago, when my husband and I were dating. My goal is to look like this because honestly, without sounding to oddly vain, this was hot. Does it seem weird that I feel like her on the inside? When I am not staring at a mirror, I still think I am her. But lately, Ive realized just how much I am NOT going to be a size 6 if I dont TRY.
T
R
Y
!
Yeah...thats the hard part. I am 22 years old and I have MANY friends who DONT exercise and are a size 2 shortly after giving birth. I dont have very many friends that have given birth twice but let's be honest, I thought I would be like them and shed the weight after having Petey but I didnt. Sometimes I get angry that I have to work hard to stay away from obesity (by the way, I hate that word) but really, what does anger get me? It sure doesnt get me skinny! So tonight, I ran a mile...and tomorrow, I think Ill run another. And eventually, not only will I feel like her but I will look like her.

2 comments:

Pristinely Sweet said...

you go girl! your not the only one who has to work! keep at it!

Kelly said...

YEAH! I'm proud of you for being in pictures. It's tough to do that because no woman feels pretty after giving birth... for quite a while. At least that's what I think and feel. But you're right - better to be in the pictures not feeling 100% about yourself than to one day regret having no pictures with your kids growing up.