Thursday, February 25, 2010

We are just full of sickness around here

Spidey was diagnosed with an ear infection and bronchiolitis on Sunday and was almost in the hospital with breathing problems. For the first day or two, breathing treatments were every two hours---even through the night. We have thankfully graduated to every 4 hours and last night we were allowed to let him sleep all night, with the promise that we would check on him one time after about 6 hours to make sure he wasn't wheezing badly.

Fastforward to last night. Petey starts running a fever. I think, "No biggie, she's been teething these darn molars for so long. That's gotta be it." This morning, she woke up and was completely whiney, never a good sign for my girl because teething is one thing but usually this type of attitude means sickness. Around 12:30, I get a call from my mother in law (who watched the kiddos today) saying that Petey was crying and grabbing at her throat. You've got to be kidding me. Luckily, I work for the best pediatrician in the world (my dad---who just so happens to be out of town) and scheduled her an appt. Her strep test was positive and tagging along was a very swollen ear infection. whoop-dee-doo. Now I'm thinking you've REALLY got to be kidding me.

Then tonight, as we are watching the olympics, Petey starts vomitting. All. Over. Me. I sit there because she isnt stopping and yell for my husband, who gets us into the bathroom and cleans my in-law's couch (sorry, guys!). I borrow clothes from my mother in law because I'm literally drenched in puke and Petey wears a diaper and a sweater for the rest of the night. We come home and this girly is zonked out beside me, something she NEVER does. Usually, she will only sleep if she has to---meaning restricted in her carseat or crib.

What are the odds that my kids would get two completely opposite sicknesses in the same week and [knock on wood] not contract what the other kid had? Ironic, isn't it?

When it rains, it pours, right?

Apparently.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: