Monday, February 8, 2010

A sick day for a sick mom

First of all, I have the cutest son in the entire world. I cant believe he has already reached the 4 month mark---I remember when Petey was 4 months only because it was yesterday! His smiles are bright, his body so round, this boy is just the sweetest thing! And he makes life easier when his big sister is walking around the house yelling, "Dont!" all the time these days. Or if we tell her to be nice she gets up in his face, points her finger at him, and yells, "Be nice, baby!". Anything I do to reprimand her, she tries to do to him. "sigh". I sure love that girl but this isn't going to be easy to raise her.

Anyway, you might be wondering why I am writing on a Monday afternoon. Shouldnt I be at work? Well, a couple of days ago, I got an infection. If you know what a UTI is, you know what I'm talking about and if you don't, I'm not in the mood to explain it. So I started antibiotics last night and this morning, woke up with a horrible stomach ache. Yuck! I called in sick to work, which seems cool because a whole day with my kids, right? Well, someday I am going to learn that being sick and trying to take care of 2 needy children is not easy. I feel like laying in bed today and I cant. And when I can (ahem, right now while both kids are sleeping), I'm on here. Because I'm just not that smart.

So if you know me, dont come over today. I am not dressed, Petey has been running around naked all morning, the house is a mess, and Spidey is in his clothes from yesterday(and you can tell).

And that's how Suze sees it.

2 comments:

Juli said...

isn't it sad that it's almost easier to be sick at work than at home?? ;)

feel better soon Suze!

Kelly said...

So here's my thought - maybe Petey has a little Spidey jealousy. Because, really, that's kind of odd or at least interesting that she turns all your reprimanding around on him. Kids are an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a onesie. :)

Hope you're feeling better. I've only had 1 UTI ever and never want one again! Now, take the thought of that pain an unfunnes and know that it is that exact ailment that we were trying to protect Olivia from for the first 5 or 6 weeks of her life while she was on antibiotics. Man, UTIs should disappear!