Thursday, November 10, 2011

Time Out for Women

I know I mentioned that last weekend we went to Time Out for Women in Phoenix. What I didn't mention was that I do this every year (well, last year was my first year to go but still...) with my mom and sisters and we have a girls weekend. Andrea came in town from California and Karin came in town all the way from Virginia!
Friday morning, we set off on our kidless/husbandless adventure.

Booyah---I got shotgun. :)

We droe straight to our hotel to drop our bags off before deciding what we were going to do.

After a little snacking and tv watching in the hotel room, we decided to walk to the Arizona Science Center.

At first, I didn't really want to go. We hae taken our kids there many times and I did not know why us 5 adults would go by ourselves but we ended up having a blast.

We did wheelchair races (I'm pretty sure the right wheelchair was easier to use because whoever sat in that chair won every time).

My mom even had some passes to ride their tight rope bike. Hello, freaky!

Luckily, I couldn't go on it because I didn't have close toed shoes...

Wrong! They talked me into doing it and wearing my mom's tennis shoes. I got about halfway and then started pedaling forward because it was freaking me out.

Jamie was the last one to do it and just did the entire thing really fast, which was the smartest thing to do.


Then we headed to another section of the museum where you get to experience natural disasters. Sound like fun? Just take a look at the pictures and you tell me whether we had fun...

Hurricanes, tornadoes, extreme heat, rain, etc. We experienced it all. :)

Any of the picture that look super orange are from the "extreme heat" weather.

Then, we all layed on the bed of nails. You actually lie down on the flat surface and when you push the button, the nails raise you up. I was really scared to do it but it felt really cool!

In the picture of Jamie, you can see her lifted in the air by the nails. Weird!

I learned about graity and spun myself around on this little thing until I was ready to throw up. I really almost did.


After the science center, we ate dinner and headed to our program for the night. We heard some amazing talks and had a great time and after it was all over, we decided to go get ice cream...because that's what you do when you're walking around Phoenix when it's 60 degrees outside.

We got our ice cream and started walking back to our hotel when it started RAINING. At first, it sprinkled...then it poured. We did not know what to do so we just walked back in the rain. I ended up dumping my ice cream because the cup was just filled with rain water.

Andrea's belly took most of the brunt. :) Her back was dry.

It's hard to tell but I was soaking wet...head to toe. My flip flops actually kept slipping on the side walk and I'm just thankful I didn't fall.


The next morning, we headed back to Time Out for Women early enough for...

...front row seats!!!!!! I was really excited because we were only 6 or 7 chairs down from the speakers.

Contrary to what this picture shows, my mom sat up by Andrea and I. Jamie and Karin opted to sit back a couple of rows so they didn't have to crane their necks as much as we did.

I only got one picture during the program of Hilary Weeks singing one of her songs. It really was an amazing weekend and I'm already looking forward to next year. :)


And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

That all looks like so much fun! I had a physics teacher in high school who would lay on a bed of nails.