Friday, August 24, 2012

Dancing in the Rain

When I was a teenager, I hated rain. Because my life back then revolved around my hair being perfect, I could not stand the rain messing it up and bringing out my frizzy curls.
I never appreciated what rain did for our land and the hot weather.

Now that I'm a bit older, I understand a little bit more how important rain is, especially in Arizona.
I am certainly grateful for the weather cooling off so we can actually spend time outside. 
Dancing in the rain is now one of our favorite things to do.
I've learned this with my trials also. How much time has been spent complaining about poor me? How much time have I wasted focusing on what I don't have?
I know it's ok to be sad sometimes but it shouldn't be something that runs my life daily.
I am grateful for trials. I am grateful for motherhood.
I am grateful that I have the opportunity to dance in the rain.

No comments: