Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Day in the Life of Spidey

Here is a glimpse into the life of our little Spidey guy.

Seriously, this kid keeps me on my toes.

Yesterday, boths kids were playing house in their room and as I was listening, I heard Petey say, "Daddy, do you need to go to the bathroom? The toilet is right here. Go peepee right here."
Of course, I ran right in there to make sure they were pretending but I was a bit too late.
 Spidey had successfully peed into the tiny little toilet that belongs to the dollhouse. That thing is maybe 2 inches tall and the opening is probably 1/4 inch wide. I just sat there and stared at it and wondered how the heck he did that. Oh goodness...

Then later that day, I had put Spidey down for a nap and he cried for a while before falling asleep but he does that sometimes so I didn't think anything of it. When I got him up from his nap, there was blood all over his hands and face. I thought maybe he had picked his nose but it was clean and then he said, "Mommy, my ear hurts." I looked at his ear and there was a lot of blood so I asked Boss to clean him up while I called the doctor's office.
Luckily they got us in quickly and after cleaning it all up, we realized Spidey's ear was cut pretty deep and the doctor also told us he has a horrible ear infection. Since his poor ear wouldn't stop bleeding, they had to Dermabond it shut (glue it).
It was a rough experience and Spidey was glad when we finally left the doctor's office to go have some dinner with family.
The only thing that kept bothering me was how the heck he cut his ear like that. The kids' room is child proofed (or so I thought). There is a bed in there and that's about it. The doctor said it could've been with his finger nails but they weren't really long.
Then last night when we put the kids in bed, Boss stepped on a piece of glass and we started finding little pieces of glass all over their floor. We asked Petey what had happened and she said the night before, Spidey had broken her little mirror by throwing it off the top bunk.
So now it all makes sense...

Oh Mr. Spidey. He is my little busy bee but I love him so much and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so lucky to be his mom.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: