Thursday, September 20, 2012

Car Wash


Yesterday, I decided to go out on a limb and see if the kids would help me wash the car. We are staying at my parents' house right now and when I get the organizing/cleaning itch, I usually have to stifle it and by the time we get home, sometimes it is no longer there! But I thought about it yesterday afternoon and decided cleaning out the car would be my Wednesday project.
When the kids napped, I cleaned out the inside of the car and when they woke up, I surprised them by telling them we could play in the hose water if they helped me wash the car.
I was surprised at how helpful they were. Of course, they were splashing and playing around half of the time but they did help me scrub.



 Their favorite part was when I would rinse the car off and I would "accidentally" spray them with the hose. We ended up rinsing the car 3 times and then scrubbing it again because they loved it so much. :)

 Petey thought it was so funny to step in the bucket and get her feet all wet.
Spidey was beyond happy to be helping me out and playing with water.

It ended up being the perfect "job" to do at the end of the day. The kids had a blast and I have a clean car. It teaches them some responsibility but they also get to have fun and play around. It was a really fun afternoon and I'm sure we'll be doing this again soon.

No comments: