Monday, May 27, 2013

The Joys of Middle-of-the-Night Motherhood

 Last night was hard. I was up multiple times with children and one of them ended up in our bed. On top of that, I was feeling achey and had a hard time getting comfortable most of the night. I woke up, turned the tv on for the kids, and layed down on the couch and I haven't moved much since then.

In the middle of the night when I was extremely uncomfortable and heard a cry coming from my girly's room, I let out a sigh and thought about trying to ignore it so she would go back to sleep. It only took a second for me to realize I needed to go comfort her and when I got to her room, I had an overwhelming rush of love for this child that was getting me up in the middle of the night.

It's amazing how a horrible night can help you realize how lucky you are to be a mom.
It's hard to get up when I want to sleep. It's hard to cook, clean, and try to be a patient and loving mother each day. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Even when I'm not feeling well and the kids are fighting over what show to watch, I have to remind myself how extremely lucky I am. They make me who I've always wanted to be.

No comments: