Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend of Birthdays, Dance Recitals, and More Birthdays

 On Friday, Boss turned another year older and wiser. Since he had to work and Petey's birthday was a busy day, I took her and a friend to see The Croods. All month she's been asking to go to the movie theater for her birthday.
She had a hard time picking since I told her she could only bring one friend. I wish we could've taken more but that would've been expensive.
 They were excited for popcorn, of course.
 The movie was super cute and the kids laughed a lot.

Boss got off early so when he got home, we had him open his presents.
 Petey insisted he would love this pack of mints, which he did. :)
 I got him a new shirt.
 Spidey picked out this awesome Captain America shirt for his daddy.
 And I also got Boss a spotlight for when he goes camping. We didn't much else the rest of the day but I did let Boss nap and not do much that day.

On Saturday, Petey had her end of the year dance recital. I was happy and sad and excited and more sad because this is probably her last dance class with Miss JaNae.
 Petey has adored JaNae since she started classes with her last July and as a mother, I've appreciated everything JaNae has done for my girl. She has so much patience and is such a fun teacher. It's going to be an adjustment to have a new dance teacher but Petey is so excited for dance team this year.
 I love this picture of my boys. They were such good sports to sit through a 2 hour dance concert.
 My parents and younger brother and sister were also able to come and support Petey. She did really well even though she was having attachment issues that day and didn't want me to leave her in the dressing room with someone else during the recital. Unfortunatly, we weren't allowed to videotape this performance and though I've ordered the dvd, it won't be online for any of our out of townn relatives to enjoy.

Sunday was the last of the birthday celebrations. Petey had asked for a 'queen cake' and my mom went above and beyond and made this adorable cake jut for Petey.
It is exactly what Petey had wanted and she was a happy birthday girl.

 After dinner massages...Petey looked zoned out while Boss massaged her face.
 Petey opened her last present from us after dinner, princess barbies. She LOVES them.
 Grandma and Grandpa got her this Tinkerbell backpack/lunch box that was filled with Hello Kitty stuff. Our girl was in Heaven!
 Boss got a drill from my parents and though his smile is cheesy, he's been so excited about it.
 Petey and Aunt Gigi, admiring her Ariel barbie.
We sang happy birthday one last time this week to the birthday boy/girl and they got to blow out candles.

I love these two people so much and am so glad they are MINE!

No comments: