Friday, July 16, 2010

The third (and last) Change post

Last night, I made this for dinner...Wanna know how? Is your mouth watering from staring at this picture yet?Well, I went easy on the crust and didn't make it from scratch this time (someday, I'll attempt that). So we started off with this...
...a pre-made crust from Wal-mart. First, I boiled the frozen chicken breasts so they would thaw out enough for me to cut. I then cut them into little squares, approx 1/2in by 1/2in. As the chicken was boiling, I layed the pizza crust on a pan and smothered (I love that word) the top of it with honey BBQ sauce. I then added my cut up chicken and poured some more sauce on top of the chicken. I mixed it all together with my hands (they were clean) and finished our pizza by adding mozzarella cheese on top. I popped it in the oven for 15 minutes and our pizza was ready!
Doesn't it look delicious???
Sidenote: I am going to add some bacon and onions and possibly spinach next time I make it since that is what comes on the BBQ chicken pizza I always order from Papa Johns. :) I'm sure that will add more and make it taste even better. If only my husband liked BBQ chicken pizza...
And that is the end of our change phase! I have started cooking AT HOME, most days FROM SCRATCH. This is something I've never liked. Cooking never interested me but I decided we needed that change for two reasons. 1: Our budget. Eating out is WAY too expensive. 2: Our health. Home cooked food is for the most part 10 times healthier than grabbing a cheeseburger from Inn-n-Out.
Hopefully you will try this recipe out and like it just as much as Petey and I did (and my friend, Esther).
And that's how Suze sees it.


No comments: