Saturday, June 18, 2011

#1 Dad

This is Boss' third year celebrating Father's Day. He really does deserve an awesome day but I think Ill have to postpone that since I still cant do everything for the kids (Remember, pain meds = loopy Suze).
I feel so lucky to have such an awesome man in my life. He can be such a kid sometimes and he is perfect for our kids. He loves making our kids laugh. One of Petey's favorite things is to have him spray her with the hose on the trampoline. It's so cute to see her light up when he goes out there to be with her.
He is always willing to do things for our kids, even if it's share his yummy hamburger with his hungry little boy {who had already eaten dinner}.

I was going back through pictures to find some cute ones of him for this post and I realized there are so many things that we go and do without him. I know it bothers him that he misses out on every day life here at home but I am so grateful that he is willing to work hard and continue with school...even when sometimes, it just plain sucks.

Boss has always been a hard worker. For the last 3-4 days, he has been sanding down our kitchen table and putting a beautiful, dark brown finish on it for me. I didnt like the color of the table so he just went ahead and got to work making it into something I would like. He is always doing things like that for me. I am so grateful that he is a handy man and saves us money by learning to do so many things on his own.

I am so very grateful for so many wonderful fathers in my life. What a truly special day we are able to celebrate tomorrow.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: