Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Little Brother

If you look through all of my old posts from these past 3.5 years, you'd find a reocurrence when it comes to this boy. I may talk about how crazy he is but I always brag about how lucky I am to have him.

When we got pregnant after Petey, I envisioned my life with 2 little girls who would be the best of friends. I actually knew from the very beginning that I was pregnant with a boy but I didn't think about it much until it was confirmed. I have so many sisters and I could just see my two little daughters growing up together and helping each other out. For some reason, when we found out he was a HE, those dreams vanished and though I was excited for a boy, I didn't see my kids as being best friends. I couldn't imagine them growing up and doing things together and looking out for each other.

Well, folks, it's only been 3.5 years since my kids have been siblings on this earth and I'm here to say that they are best friends! Spidey has eased my worries by being the sweetest little brother a girl could ask for {minus all the punching and kicking he does}. He will often run up to Petey and tell her he loves her, that she is his girl, or that she is a beautiful princess. He likes to kiss her for way too long. He loves to lay next to her and watch movies. He absolutely loves to be mischevious with her.

Now that I've seen my kids interact with each other at similiar ages (3 and 4 seems more similiar in age to me than 1 and 2), I can envision the future of a protective brother, of a caring sister, of two helpful siblings. It makes me happy to think that they'll have each other.

Spidey likes attention and is easy to please if you play with him. Today, I decided to let him pick something fun for him and I to do while Petey had a friend over. He asked if I would hold a pillow up so he could 'punch it like a ninja'. We also played steam roller on my bed for a little while. It was a great day with my Spidey. I cannot imagine my life without him in it. He brightens my day and makes me a stronger person and a better mother. He is teaching me so much and I'm lucky to have him.

Thanks for being my son and being a greta little brother, Spidey. We ALL love you.

No comments: