Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Best Parents Ever

Tonight, I need to write down some recent events to remind myself that I have the world's best parents. 
Seriously. 
Last night, my kids were with their dad and I knew I'd be feeling lonely so I invited some friends over for dinner and a movie. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and it was wonderful. Thanks for the suggestion, Heather! Anyway, when we got home from the restaurant, we sat down to watch a movie when my doorbell rang. 
Side note: Earlier that day, my mom had called to ask if I had any plans for the night. I told her what I was doing and that was that.
Back to the story. When I opened the front door, my mom was standing there with bags of cleaning supplies and my dad was in the front yard spraying weeds. She was surprised I was home since she thought I was watching a movie at someone else's house, not my own. My dad finished with the weeds and fixed my broken toilet. My mom replaced the toilet paper she had seen almost run out a few days before and cleaned a few things in the bathroom and then they left. Their plan had been to come clean my house while I was out with friends so I'd be surprised when I came home. 

I've learned this past month just how much God loves me. Even though He has given me a fair share of tests and trials, He surrounds me with wonderful people who support and bless my life in numerous ways. I am a child of God and He has sent me here for specific purposes. 

I have the best parents in the world. I am so lucky to have them supporting me. 

No comments: