Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eyes


All my life, I've been so jealous of people who are lucky enough to have blue eyes. Eyes are something I notice first on most people and I felt so sad that I had boring hazel eyes. I even dyed a pair of contacts once to try and get a brighter eye color. It wasn't until I started dating the most special person in my life, my husband, that I felt I had beautiful eyes...only because he reminded me all the time how jealous he was. I thought the guy was crazy. Jealous of me? Especially when he was blessed with these...

Of course, our first born got his eye color and I hear more than once a day from strangers that she has million dollar eyes. I was ecstatic when her eyes started turning this color. I wanted all of my children to have their daddy's blue eyes. And then we had Spidey. He started out with dark blue eyes (like most babies do) and has ended up with my hazel coloring. I was sad when his eyes started changing color but his daddy was so happy and loves that our boy has hazel eyes.

I guess I'm learning a lot about my physical appearance these days and that is the moral of this story. Even when I don't love myself, my husband thinks I am so special. He thinks everything about me is beautiful and when I'm having hard "woman" days, he is always there to reassure me that I am the most beautiful girl in the world.

I dont know what I'd do without that guy. I know he loves me just as I love him and I dont know how I got so lucky to have him for eternity.

So here's to the men that make us women feel beautiful.

And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I always say that the reason I haven't taken off my baby weight from my second pregnancy is my husband. He tells me all the time that I'm beautiful just the way I am and since he's the only one who really matters as far as who thinks I'm beautiful, I haven't done much. haahaha ;)