Tuesday, August 31, 2010

. 63+

I love her and I love him.

Life with a 2 year old and a 10 month old is ammmmazing. The good outweighs the bad by a million.

Last night, Petey and I sang songs until 11pm at night...I know you think we are crazy and maybe we are. She finally said to me, "Mommy, I'm tired. It's time for bed." And I layed her down and didnt hear a peep until 10:40 this morning.

My sister in law has really impacted me since she's been here (they moved from UT this summer). She said I was an example to her (I know, weird, right?) because I am not just home. I'm home with my children and have learned in the past week what that is really all about. Being home last week meant staying up late, sleeping in, eating whatever I wanted, surfing the net all day long, and having the tv on most of the day for my kids. Ok, maybe it wasnt THAT bad but it wasnt good. A couple of days into it I realized that being home with my children comes with much more responsibility than I've had at any other job. My kids need to learn and grow and thrive and if I'm sitting on the couch all day, what kind of an example am I being to them?

I think this awakening came last Wednesday, when I realized it was time to potty train Petey. That was a time consuming process at first. I cant believe it's only been a week because she is 100% "pee" potty trained. Still 1% on the poop aspect (as in, she just went poop on the potty for the first time today!) but that's ok. I'm not worried.

Ultimately, she is the one who completed the challenge but she couldn't have done it without help and I feel so lucky to be home so that I can be that person.

This is what staying home is all about. It's about being there when our children need us. It's about teaching them the things they need to learn to be appropriate, responsible human beings.

This is the best job in the entire world.

And that's how Suze sees it.

2 comments:

Glemser Family said...

So are you telling me to stop reading your blog and go play with my daughter? Just kidding! (she's sleeping so its okay) I feel the exact same way! It is so easy to just turn on a movie for Kaylee so I can go do what I want, but that is not what being a mom is all about. I started planning simple activities that I do with her everyday so I can brake my bad habits and give her the attetion she needs. It has been fabulous! I think you are great so keep up the good work!

NJ said...

i wish i was you.... i work full time and spend only the weekends with my angel.. and those two days i play with her every min... i miss her so much when it comes to weekdays..
but our financial situ is getting better and i am able to stay at home soon.... HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY