Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hayley's Bowtique

 When Petey was born, I wanted her to be dolled up every day. I was kind of a psycho about it and would get frustrated if Boss didn't put a headband on her. She got her ears pierced at 2 months old and I loved them so much. I learned how to make bows when she was about 9 months old and tried to start a little business with it but I was working full time and it just stressed me out.
When she got a little bit older, I started looking around for those adorable chunky bead necklaces. The ones that I found were super expensive so I decided to make some myself for her.
Then recently I had some friends ask about those necklaces and I decided to hold a craft party at my house teaching them how to make the necklaces. One thing led to another and I decided to start back up Hayley's Bowtique. It's only been 2 months but I'm loving it so far.
Petey has a wide range of necklaces that hang on her wall. Some are older and not as fancy, the newer ones have cuter pendants and better clasps. I've gotten better over the years at perfecting the necklaces. I've used ribbon and tied bows, which is cheaper but then Petey started accidentally tying double knots in them and they would get stuck so now I'm back to clasps.
 The most recent necklace I sold was this purple one. How adorable, right? Petey was so excited that I ordered sparkly beads for this necklace. :)
 The rainbow necklace is my other favorite. She wears this one a lot because it matches almost everything!
 My wonderful friend, Leyla, offered to take some pictures of my products to help with my business. She is amazingly talented and I could not pass up an offer like that.
 She took some super adorable pictures of Petey and we have another photo shoot coming up soon. Go visit her website if you need pictures. She's amazing at what she does.

The only downside to all of this?
My poor kitchen table. That picture is from this morning. I did clean it up before dinner but I'm sure it'll look that way again tomorrow. I can't wait to get my desk put in our room so I have a place to work that isn't the same place we eat our meals.

No comments: