Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Meeting Her Teacher

We met her teach tonight right before dance class. I got to see her classroom and imagine her being in there, learning and playing.
She sits in the very back middle seat, which I'm hoping they'll change since she's so tiny and since I keep procrastinating that dang eye doctor appointment I was supposed to make her.
When I told her it was time to leave the school, she said she didn't want to go. When I asked her why, she said, "Because I like my very own desk." I hope she feels the same way on Thursday.
It's almost time to check another thing off of the no-longer-a-baby list. Even though she'll only be gone 3 hours a day, that is a total of 15 hours a week she is out of my care. For years, I've been talking about this day. I would say, "I can't believe it's only two years, a year, 6 months til she goes to kindergarten." Now, I can't believe it's only 1 DAY until she starts kindergarten. When did she get so big?
I'm excited for the new things she'll learn. I'm excited for her to be brave and make new friends. I'm hoping it isn't too long before she breaks out of her painfully shy shell that usually covers her up around people she's just met. School is going to be really good for her.
It's just hard to think that come Thursday, she'll be a student for the next 13+ years. I don't get those baby years back. She's just going to keep growing up.

I hope you're excited to see the pictures from her first day. She has already picked out the specific uniform she will wear and everything is packed in her backpack. We are ready for this next adventure.

No comments: