Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Monday

Happy mother's day to all of the wonderful mother's in this world...especially the two that impact my life quite often.
I was nervous for mother's day this year. Boss isnt the most sentimental person and I am someone that loves being surprised with sweet things so I wasn't quite sure how mother's day would go {since the last two were...umm...ok...} but Boss really pulled through.
Breakfast in bed {two fried eggs, a bagel with butter, and homemade chocolate milk}, getting the kids ready for church {besides doing Petey's hair---that will always be my job}, feeding them breakfast and lunch without my help, and letting me take a THREE hour nap {rest period} in the afternoon. In thinking about mother's day, I have reflected back to the time that I became a mother. That day is coming up on it's three year anniversary next week {meaning Petey is turning 3} and I am still coming to terms with that fact. Has it really been that long? Hasnt it been longer? I ask myself both of these questions often. It feels like yesterday and forever ago.
But above is me this weekend. I feel beautiful right now. Content, happy with life, and beautiful. I havent lost 40 pounds but I've lost 15 and with that comes back so much confidence. I love me. I love Boss. I love Petey. and I love Spidey. Love love love them all. I wish I could freeze all of us as we are and have a little bit more time with my 2 yr old and my 18 month old. But I just cant seem to stop the fact that my girl is turning into a 3 yr old next week.

When I look back, I see so many wonderful memories. I see cousins, lots of cousins {ok, well, only 7 of them}, building relationships and love with each other.

Was it really six years ago that I became an aunt for the first time? Is this a reality that my parents have 5 grandchildren and that Boss' parents have 4 grandchildren? Only six years ago, there was just one. Since then, I've contributed in doubling the grandchildren in one family and almost doubling it in another family {actually I did double it in my family until K Bear was born}.


I drive past so many cars of different shapes, sizes, and ages and I see carseats in so many of them. And I think to myself, "This is what life is all about." Life is about giving myself and my needs up and giving to my children. I now live for them. I still have me and I am still myself but that is not the most important part of me now. They are. There is nothing I would rather be doing than raising these beautiful little spirits. As feisty as they are, they are my world.


Really. Truly. This is what life is all about.


And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: