Monday, March 25, 2013

Making Memories

 I love my little family. I love the changes we've made to try and do more as a family, instead of just turning on the tv on weekends and nighttime. It's made a big difference in the kids' attitudes and it's helped us to be better parents.

Saturday was an especially fun day. Petey has been really obsessed with these sunflower seeds she planted a couple of weeks ago. It's been a special thing for her and her daddy to do together. She gets so excited when it's time to water her flowers and we've all loved watching them sprout.
I walked outside on Saturday to see Petey and Boss working together to dig a tree out of our yard. I love seeing Boss teach our kids new things.

 A couple mintes later, Petey ran over because she had something to show me. She had a worm in her hand! Ick.

Since it was warm outside on Saturday and the kids had been good helpers cleaning off the back porch, we decided to let them play in the sprinklers for the first time in 2013. Petey has been asking all winter when it would be time to play in the water again so she was pretty excited.



I was in the middle of taking pictures when the actual sprinkler system turned on. ha! I ran to the sidewalk and turned off the hose and let the kids run around in the wet grass.

Spidey kept drinking the water. Silly boy.

I love making memories. I am so happy for these days with my kids. I feel so lucky that I get to be home with these kids all day. They wear me out but it's worth it.

No comments: