Friday, March 1, 2013

5 Things About Me

This blog is getting way too serious. All of these infertility and "hard decision" posts are filling up and I'm here to lighten things up!
If you know me well, this post will probably bore you. If you don't know me well, you might learn some new things about me. If your name is Andrea, you'll know everything in this post but you won't be bored because you never get bored with me. Right? Right?!!

Anyway, here are 5 things you probably don't know about me:
(All of the pictures in this post are just recent pictures of my kiddos. They have nothing to do with the post. I just have cute kids. Deal with it.)

1. I am the 4th out of 6 kids and I am quite sure I have the most awesome family ever. My 2 younger siblings both have special needs and they're the best siblings in the entire world. I feel like I really lucked out with the family dynamic that I grew up with. Five of us grew in my mom's belly (all of the girls) and then 7 years after my younger sister, they picked my brother (through adoption) to be the final member of their children.
2. My very first date when I turned 16 was with my husband's younger brother. We carved pumpkins together and then somehow, we ended up falling asleep on the couch together. Because my now brother in law likes to be super awkward, he likes to tell people that we slept together on our first date. Technically, it's true but you can just imagine his fiance's face when he told her that one. Sigh... 
 3. When I was little, I wanted to be a pediatrician like my dad. Then, I decided becoming a surgeon would be even cooler. After high school, I realized I really wasn't cut out for either of those jobs so I became a mom instead. Ok, I'm kidding. I've always wanted to be a mom. Plus, being a mom is sort of like being a doctor. I wipe up bodily fluids all day long.
Also, if you were wondering, my ambitions have changed and I'm enrolling back in college to pursue psychology. I actually couldn't be more excited and nervous to become a college student again. 
 4. Having worked at my dad's pediatric office for 5 years, I recognize people everywhere I go. When someone points to me and says I look familiar, my first instinct is to ask, "Do you take your kids to Gilbert Pediatrics?" and the answer is usually yes. My dad kind of rocks at what he does and I love meeting people who love his office.
5. I don't like trying new things. When we go to a restaraunt, I usually already know what I want when we get there because I order the same thing every time. I trust what I like and don't always feel the need to try new things if I already have something I love. Sometimes I wonder if that has to do with my OCD or if it's just another weird quirk that came with the personality I was given.

No comments: