Friday, January 15, 2010

In a rut

I have found myself in a rut---in a depression, of sorts.
Sometimes it hits like a tidal wave and other times, it creeps slowly inside of me.
I know this is one of my many accountability posts---"Oh poor me, I want to lose weight." Blah Blah Blah!
Seriously.
Some days I try to make it work really hard---other days, I just plan on eating healthier with no rule book to follow.
I've exercised more often, I've been taking lunches to work and eating healthier and I just havent been seeing results.
Then today happened.
Today I put on a shirt and it fit a little bit easier.
Today I look in the mirror and I am not any happier but at least I felt something.
I felt that difference and it's all I can ask for right now.
The changes take time. They really do and many times in my many weight stages, I am too impatient to wait for the change.
So I get to about 160lbs and look in the mirror and think, "Ah, ok, she's not TOO big. I can handle that look. Im fine right here." But Im not HAPPY at 160. My husband knows Im not happy at 160. Everybody who spends enough time with me knows it.
So I will keep trying. And I will make it.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: