Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When did she become a toddler?

Can anyone else believe that my princess is going to be 2 in just a few more months? I am already started to plan ideas for what we will do and it's making it feel really soon!

1yr old was still a baby but 2? That's old... :) She is a toddler now and I just cant believe it!

Lately, I have been trying to get Petey into a nighttime routine. You see, we've never really had a routine for her. It was just, "Goodnight, Give me a kiss." or something along those lines.

So two nights ago, I decided she was old enough to repeat after me while saying bedtime prayers. So Petey said her prayers and I got emotional and teary eyed because it was such a precious moment between us. Halfway through the prayer, she noticed a book on the ground nearby and would not let the "Book?!" subject go until I gave her the book to hold---and then we finished our prayer. We then read the book (and she seriously sat through the entire book and listened!), sang a song (Twinkle, Twinkle is an all time favorite right now) and then we kissed goodnight. She seems to usually go right to sleep after this routine, even though sometimes before I leave, she tries to get me to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" (or more sounding like "Cookle, cookle") a few more times. Sometimes we do it more than once and sometimes I just tell her goodnight and leave. It just seems so precious and more productive to have this routine. Toddlers need structure, to that I can attest. If Hayley is awake and doesnt have attention focused on her (ie: when I am feeding her brother), she destroys things--mostly on purpose. She has been better about this lately but it was pretty bad for a while. She ripped apart a nice book into shreds one day while I fed him, all the while smiling up at me, knowing I could do nothing about it. She is als a lot happier when she has attention (Wouldn't you be?). You can tell by the way she talks to you and her tone of voice. Funny that my two-word-sentences baby has a separate tone of voice like that but what can I say? She is sassy and learns quickly. But like a friend said to me earlier today, she is my kid and we couldn't really expect anything less from her.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: