Sunday, June 10, 2012

Enough

If you read my blog, you probaby didn't miss the post about the controversial TIME magazine cover. But if you did, here it is.
I stress often about being good enough.
I can tell myself daily that I am good enough but there is a little voice in the back of my head that argues and says, "Well, you're not that good. You hardly ever rock your kids to sleep, you eat way too much junk food, you cry over foolish things, you often dont exercise for more than 20 minutes, and you are so grumpy!"
It's much easier for me to tell others how 'enough' they are.
I hope to someday be able to look at my life and be grateful that I had all of the experiences I've had and see that bigger picture.

 But for now, I'll just laugh and take pictures while Boss' 15 year old cousin gives my kids "rides" in her pillowcase.
And I'll enjoy every minute of it, though probably not as much as that little boy did.

So even if I'm not the best at nurturing my children and even if I don't usually have a clean house and even though I probably won't stop eating junk food, I'll enjoy the moments I'm in and not worry so much about never being enough. Because whether I believe it or not, I am already enough.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: