Monday, July 2, 2012

She's a fishy fish!

I know. You're sick of the swimming videos. But humor me for another minute---or don't read any further.
Yesterday, I challenged Petey to swim the entire length of the pool. We practiced it side by side a couple of times and then she was just doing it by herself!

I will say that ever since she got the hang out of coming up for breath when swimming, she gets kind of excessive and likes to come up for breath every two seconds. It makes her go a lot slower but hey, it's better than her not breathing enough! :)

 I'm a pretty darn proud mom.
Swim lessons are over after this week and I'm REALLY glad. After they refused to move her up to the next class, I got a little bit tired of sending her but there is a stupid cancellation fee so I didn't want to pull her out two weeks ago. She has showed them that she is capable of moving up but for some reason, when we got the "report card" at the end of the session, they marked that she can't do some of the things that I have VIDEOS of her doing.
And I know, I probably seem like a crazy mom right now but I just believe that if I'm going to pay for someone to teach my kid something, I want my child to be challenged so they actually learn something.
So anyway, I'm just glad it's over. And next week, she starts dance classes again! I will take sitting in an air conditioned building to watch her learn something over sitting in the hot sun for 30 minutes where she learns nothing any day!

And that's how Suze sees it.


No comments: