Thursday, December 15, 2011

Petey's first dance concert

Today was a very special day in our home. Miss Petey started taking dance lessons back in September and had her first dance concert tonight!
I may have turned into one of those crazy dance moms and gotten a little too excited but don't worry, I tried not to go overboard. I'm just so happy that she has had such a good time and loves going to class every week.
Being the crazy mom that I am, I had a dream about her concert last night and decided yesterday how her hair would be done. I know I shouldn't admit this but that isn't the first time I've planned out hairstyles days in advance for her. I think I have an addiction to doing my child's hair! :) She was happy when I put the curlers in so she would have curly hair (which is funny since her hair is already curly...I was just doing it to make her feel more special). :)


Then, before it got dark outside, I put her in her costume and we went outside for some pictures. Isn't her costume adorable?


I am so luck to have such a smart, pretty little girly! She makes us so happy.


Sass.


I wasn't quite sure whether I was going to put make up on her. Boss is actually the one who brought it up and asked if I was going to and I told him I wasn't sure if it was appropriate. He said it was just for her concert so I got to try out some make up skills on her. Just mascara, blush, and lip gloss.


She actually looked way too old and I'm glad we don't ever let her wear make up. A 3 year old should look like a 3 year old!


She is so full of personality. :) I love this little girly of mine.


Finally, it was time to head to her concert. She was really excited and would not stop talking about how she was going to dance for everybody.


Here we are waiting for her to go backstage before the concert.



If you listen to the beginning of the video, the teacher announces that they are going to do their dance a second time. Well, she is correct. This is actually the second time they did it for us.

The first time, Miss Leah (in the video), was standing behind the curtain and all of the girls looked nervous and just stared over at her. Luckily, the owner of the studio decided they needed to do the dance again but with Miss Leah standing with them and dancing.

Petey was such a ham and did really well but kind of got side tracked and kept staring at the other girls. :) She's only 3 so we expected that. But as you can see, she was great at singing the words and she did really great waving and smiling when she walked off the stage. :)

After all the dancers were done, they all went on stage together.

As you can see by the build up of crumbs on Spidey's jacket, we kept him well entertained with food so he wouldn't cry during the concert. :) That's called being prepared!

Petey was so excited that her friend, Tessa (who I sometimes babysit), was in the concert as well.

Mia, Petey, Ranie and Tess (Mia, Ranie, and Tessie are sisters) after the concert. They all did such a great job.

Petey with Miss Leah and her friend, Holland. I'm so glad Miss Leah was their teacher. Petey loves her and loves going to class.


To end our fabulous night, Boss had his last final and is officially done with another semester of school! I am so proud of him and the hard work he does for us.


And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

How adorable was all of that! She is so beautiful-those eyes- wow!

And her hair-beyond impressed.
When Alex was in a ballet class with kids that age, the teacher actually stood on the floor in front of the stage and did the routine- so the kids could be looking ahead at her but would be facing the right way then.