Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Ruffle Pants

A long, long time ago, I saw a tutorial from Make It and Love it on Pinterest for some cute and easy leggings. I knew that was a doable sewing project for me but never really got around to it.
Then last week we were walking around in Hobby Lobby when I saw that their Valentine's fabric was 50% off and I knew this was the perfect opportunity to try out the leggings tutorial.
To see the original tutorial, go here.

I bought a cute pink fabric for the pants and cut out the pattern using another pair of leggings. I sewed the pieces together using the tutorial above and then got started on my ruffles. Isn't thi heart fabric adorable? I spent less than a dollar on this much fabric and I still have a lot left over! I cut two 4 inch strips of heart fabric and hemmed one side. I then ruffle the fabric and attached it to the bottom of the leggings.Cute cute cute! After the ruffle was sewn onto the pants, I sewed the top and put the waistband in. This literally took me less than an hour from start to finish.And with that extra fabric, I made a pair of leggings for my baby niece, Ellie. So cute!Here's a picture of the matching girls. Unfortunatly, Ellie's pants were too small(!) so we put another pair of pink pants over them for the pictures...and then we brought them home and gave them to Petey's baby doll. :)I also made a cute little headband for Ellie.I am so glad to have another girly in the family. I love making things for little girls! :)

And that's how Suze sews it.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Super cute! You're so talented!