Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Library Bag

We go to the library at least once a week to check out books and movies. Lately, it seems like I'm rushing to find all of the books/movies on the day that they are due and sometimes stressing over whether I'll be able to find them.
Does this sound familiar to anybody else? Or am I the only one with this problem?
So yesterday, I came up with a solution. I've seen the idea all over Pinterest to add ruffles to a plain bag and thought I'd give it a try.

I cut my fabric and ruffled it up and then sewed it into a scallop shape on my bag. I then cut out the word "Books" with my other adorable fabric and fit it onto the top of the bag. I don't have the right cutter on my Cricut so these letters were all handcut. Not too shabby. This is my first time ever sewing this really close zig zag stitch onto anything and though the "K" looks pretty good......the rest of the letters look quite horrible. :) It's hard trying to get to stitch even and also curve around each letter! But oh well. It works perfectly for what I have in mind. This will now be our library bag that we take to the library when we check out books.

And when we are at home and the kids aren't reading their books, they are supposed to put them right back in this bag so we have an easier time keeping track of them.

And that's how Suze crafts it. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think that is a great idea. Man, I need to learn how to sew!

Thanks again for being my first guest blogger. I hope you checked out the post and saw the comments. :)