Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Life is Good

My heart is full. My life is good. There is nothing that feels adequate to complain about right now.
There is just something about realizing how good your life is that can turn any person's bad attitude into a good one.
This is not me bragging. I still continue to deal with the trials that I've been given (still no baby...). But I'm ok with my trials. And I realize how much I have. The good definitely outweighs the bad.
I really wish I could tell you what changed in my life. Maybe I should credit it to the fact that I've stayed true to my 2012 goal and have gone to the temple once a month so far. And today, Boss was able to go with me! Actually, I know it is that.
I remember when the doctor called to tell me I had PCOS and may not have children for a while. ALL I wanted was a baby and I kept telling myself I'd be happy again---once I had another baby. But I now realize that is no way for a person to live their life.
In the midst of what I believed to be my biggest trial, I had forgotten about everything God has already blessed me with. A great family (extended and in laws included). A husband who loves and understands me and wants to build a forever family with me. Two beautiful children that are perfect for our family. Life is about what we have, not what we don't have. And life would be much happier if we could all learn to focus on that.

I don't claim to have a perfect life and don't want my blog to seem as though I'm saying, "Hey, look at how great my life is! Dont you wish yours was this great?!" I just want to share experiences I've had and things I've learned throughout my life, my infertility, my motherhood, and my marriage. Because I believe even in the middle of some of our biggest trials, if we choose to see the good in our lives, we will be so much happier.

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: