Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Organizing Vision

I had a vision this morning and decided to go for it. And no, not the spiritual kind of vision but an organizing vision. Wait, you don't have those? {I'm kinda weird.}

You see, that darn linen closet in my little house is stocked high with...well...linens. :) And we hardly touch some of them. So I went through and neatly folded everything, got rid of some things, and made almost an entire shelf clear. And since we don't have a pantry, I decided that would be a great place for our canned foods, pastas and some other boxed foods. And from there a rippling effect occured. I had a completely empy cabinet in my kitchen (Gasp!) and decided it was time for my "counter food" to go!This is what I call "counter food". A while ago (maybe 6 or 9 months ago), I had a great idea to put these baskets on my counter so they could hold certain snacks and foods that we didn't have space for anywhere else. Well, as you can see, that counter just sort of became piled with food and has been driving me nuts. So I reorganized the bins (salty snacks, candy/sweet snacks, drink mixes/popcorn, and nuts/oatmeal) and they fit perfectly into the cabinet. And because all of the food is in bins, I can easily grab one out when the kids want a certain kind of snack. And look at my kitchen!!!!!!!!!! CLEAN! I may actually cook in there once in a while now. :)

But this wasn't it for my awesome, organizing day. My sweet, sweet mother had called to ask if she could come take my kids to the park and when she arrived, the kids ran out back to play and she noticed I had a bazillion boxes that needed to be cut down and put in the recycle bin...so she and the kids had fun doing that for a while so I could finish up my inside organizing. Isn't she just awesome??? Then they left for the park and I got to finish up more cleaning. I even took a break and snuck outside to the trampoline so I could spy on them at the park. :) Do you see them under the ramada?How about now? :)

I am so thankful to have a mother who is always willing to help me out and I'm also thankful for the energy I had to get some projects done! I've been feeling sick and exhausted lately and I love days where I feel able to get off the couch and do something! :)

And that's how Suze organizes!

1 comment:

Jenn [ Crippled Girl ] said...

I love that you can see your kids at the park from your backyard! Our park is about 1/2 a mile from our house so that's not an option for us lol.

Congrats on the awesome organization! I wish my kitchen looked that clean haha :)