Friday, March 30, 2012

Open Book Time

Sometimes, I wonder about those doctor people I go to...
But then I remember that my dad is a doctor and works hard to give information to help his patients and I realize that my doctors are probably just trying to do the same. At least, I hope they are.
That doesn't mean they are always going to be right, though.
Remember the saying, "Mother knows best"? We make decisions for our children based on their best interest and I think we do a darn good job of it. Two things I'd like to point out regarding this saying.
#1: If mothers know best, isn't it also true that we as adults should know what's best for ourselves and be capable of making decisions that will help our bodies? I had a dilemma at the doctor's office today where the obgyn I was seeing gave me almost opposite information than my other obgyn (Yes, I've been cheating and seeing two of them.). I was a bit confused. "What's that you say, doctor? Clomid has a chance of giving me ovarian cancer but I shouldn't worry about that and should take it for more than 6 months?" Hmm... I know my doctors are doing their best to help me get pregnant. I know they want to be able to tell me, "That urine sample this time came back positive for pregnancy!". I absolutely know that they both care about me as their patient. But what I don't know is which doctor is right. And what I've decided is that neither of them is right or wrong and that I am going to prayerfully decide what happens next for us. I'm almost positive I've made my decision already but that prayer aspect hasn't been attempted yet and I need some time to decide.
So that brings me to #2: If mothers know best and I think I know best for myself, wouldn't it be true that my Heavenly Father REALLY knows what's best for me? I think so! Even though it's hard not being pregnant and it's hard to not be done with school and it's hard to have some of the other trials that we've face, my Heavenly Father gives me those trials to make me stronger and as far as a baby goes, maybe it isn't what's best for me right now. And as far as living with that answer, I'm still alive, aren't I? And I'm still capable of being happy.

I'm also lucky that none of us have to do this alone. I have my husband, I have my two kids, my kids have each other, and my husband has all of us! Oh how glad I am that my kids have each other.

And that's how Suze sees it.

PS: I may or may not let you know what I decide, when I decide it. I know I'm pretty much an open book and I honestly don't mind that. Hope I'm not weirding anybody out with my "open-book-ness" (Yes, that is now a word.).

:)

No comments: