Monday, December 3, 2012

House Remodel: Family Room

 Oh, what an exhausting project this has been! We started remodeling our house a little over a month ago and the process of getting everything done was kind of a disaster, in my eyes. I'm sure it wasn't actually that bad but I'm kind of a dramatic person...

Anyway, we decided if we were going to do it, we might as well do it all! Included in this remodel/project was the family room, kitchen, and Petey's bedroom.

First, the family room:
Left: Before pictures, Right: After pictures. I decided I wanted to go from beige/brown to grey/black so we painted all of the walls, Boss painted the dresser, we got a new area rug, and to make things even more exciting, we added new blinds. They are bee-oo-tiful!

This is what my house looked like for a week. Boss would paint each day after work and the kids and I would hang out in my bedroom during the day. It was not fun.
Sorry for the horrible lighting but the lighting in my house really just sucks. Oh well. As you can see, the family room was completely "under construction" and it was all I could do to stay sane during that week.

In the weeks since, I've started hanging pictures back up and trying to organize everything. It has literally taken me all month but I think it's safe to say our family room is back in order.


That last picture just shows our cute picture frames by the front door. They are located on the slanted wall right when you walk in and I love those pictures. We have individuals of our kids, a family picture, and then a separate picture of our extended families. Boss' family picture hasn't really been updated since our wedding but we're working on that. :)

That is all I'm posting for now. The kitchen is not completely back in order and I'll save Petey's room redo for another day as well. Hope you enjoyed this long awaited post. I'm just happy my main room is not as chaotic anymore!

PS: The only thing I am still looking for is a new couch for the family room. I know the exact one I want but it's going to be a little while before we can get it. So for now, beige couches in a white/grey/black room will have to suffice. :)

1 comment:

The Purple Lady said...

Uber cute! You really updated the look well while incorporating your old stuff. I love doing that too. It's fresh yet economical. Good job.