Sunday, January 19, 2014

2014: Day 19

Day 19: Your biggest regret

Well, today's post isn't going to be 100% truthful because some of my biggest regrets are not blog appropriate but I will tell you one thing, there are not many things I truly regret.
I'm 26. I've lived life so far, trying to be a kind person and trying to show love to others.

I don't always succeed. I'm feisty and quick to anger. I say things I shouldn't say before thinking them through.

My biggest blog appropriate regret would probably be that I spent most of the last 26 years not praying daily, not studying my scriptures, but relying on the testimony I already have without letting it grow even more.

There is definitely something to be said about feeling like your life's been ripped out from under you. I started praying daily, I started reading my scriptures more, and I started seeing others as children of God. These past 5 months, I've felt closer to God than ever before. I've felt my testimony grow stronger than it ever has been. And some days I wonder why I didn't do this years ago. I don't know if it would've made a difference in the major challenges I've dealt with but it would've made a difference in how I handled things.

I try and present myself in a different manner because I want to be like my older brother, Jesus Christ. I try really hard to slow down my anger and think---just think. I try to put myself in someone else's shoes and then even if I don't understand why they're doing what they're doing, I try not to judge them for it. Because they probably have a reason and even if they don't, they are God's child and He loves them.
I try...and I fail...so then I try again.

Like I said, there are not many things I truly regret but staying close to my Heavenly Father is something I wish I had done years ago.

But the best part is, I get to do it now.

No comments: