Friday, January 17, 2014

2014: Day 17

Day 17: Your Favorite Memory

I felt immediately blessed that upon reading today's writing challenge, multiple memories came to mind. I've had a great life so far and I'm so lucky to remember so many wonderful things.

The memory I've chosen for today is something that has always been special to me.

My favorite {and only} brother is adopted. He was born when I was 9 3/4 years old. His adoption was finalized when he was 15 months old, the day before Halloween. And then on Halloween, 15 years ago, I was the luckiest 11 year old in the world because I got to be in the temple with my whole family while my brother was sealed to us.

I don't feel like I took that day for granted, which is a common feeling among a lot of good things in my life. I remember feeling so special that I was younger than most people who got to step inside that sacred place. I remember getting a new white dress and feeling like an angel. I remember how calm and peaceful my autistic little sister was. I remember how calm and peaceful I felt.
I am so lucky that these people are attached to me for eternity. My brother has always been one of my best friends. I was extremely attached to him in high school and cannot imagine what life would've been like without him there. My darkest high school days were a little brighter because of him. And the happy days were happier than ever because of him.

I have a strong testimony of temples and the sacred things that go on inside. I feel so blessed to have a knowledge of forever families.

No comments: