Monday, January 6, 2014

2014: Day 6

 Today's challenge seemed simple: write about my day. But since the day isn't over and this is my time to write, I want to tell you about yesterday.

Sundays are usually wonderful. Having three hours of spiritual lessons and being surrounded by loving, supportive people is usually a great way start my day off right. But yesterday was better than my normal Sunday. The kids were with their dad so church was all about focusing on the feelings in my heart.

One of my closest friends found out last week that her husband has cancer. He's in his 30's. They have two young children. I've known her for 4 years now and it breaks my heart to see them going through this trial. So yesterday, I fasted for her husband along with most of our ward and their families. I've been feeling so helpless for her and this was a way for me to ask God to help them in ways that I can't. I came home from church having more faith than ever before that they can get through this.
This particular friend has already taught me so much about loving and serving. She has been there for me during some really dark times. When I was sad on Christmas Eve, I got a text from her, inviting me to spend the evening with her family. Maybe she knows it, maybe she doesn't but it's the little things that have made the biggest difference.

So I was feeling great all afternoon. I got to my parents for dinner and I was surrounded by siblings, nieces, nephews, and friends. Sunday dinners are usually great memories. I was anxious to see my kids since they've been gone for 2.5 days so as soon as it was time, I drove to go pick them up.

I've always loved Boss' family. They've always welcomed me as part of the family and I love being around them. Last night was no exception. It made my heart happy to see my kids running around with cousins and second cousins. Nothing is better than seeing real smiles on my childrens' faces.

Icing on the cake to my already wonderful day?

I think so.

The last quote below is something I've been feeling often lately.
God is ever present in my life. I'm so thankful to everyone and everything He places in my life. He gives me second chances and believes in me. Even when I don't feel like I deserve it, miracles happen in my life that cause me to look up and say, "I know that was you, God. Thank you."

No comments: