Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket

I confess:



  • That I made my hubby take Petey with him out to Queen Creek to pick up his brother because I wanted to take a nap while Spidey was still sleeping.

  • I have eaten 4 eggo cinnamon toast waffles today---none during breakfast time.

  • I got dressed for the day by putting on a clean pair of pajamas.

  • I spend all of my "spending money" on my kids. Lately, I havent even included crafting into that...just my kids. Easter, birthdays, or just for fun.

  • And I seem to want everything for them.

  • I also spent some of my money on a birthday present for Boss since he will having a birthday next month. Then he came up to me yesterday and called the present I bought for him stupid [he has no idea that that is what I bought for him]. Great! It's already wrapped up and I have no receipt to return it. I'm so crappy at shopping for him apparently.

  • Petey having pink eye cramped my style today. I wanted to take her to a museum with my friends and their kids but we couldnt go...and I, of course, would've felt stupid going with no kids [PS: Dont think I'm rude for not wanting to take my son. The activity was an Easter egg hunt @ said museum and he's just a bit too young for that still.]

  • Apparently, I'm selfish because I just thought of myself when my poor child is sick. Sometimes I'm a crappy mom. I promise, I really do feel bad for her. We had such a great time snuggling and reading books on the couch today.

  • I switched roles with Petey for a bit today...I cried in front of her [seriously, accidentally, since I dont like her seeing me that way] and she sat next to me and rubbed my back for a good 5 minutes. Then she buried her face in my should for a second and looked up at me and said, "Look, Mom, you're not crying anymore. I wiped all your tears away with my hair!" So what did I do? Cried harder...but these became happy cries and I realized just how blessed I am to have such a special girl in my life.

  • The picture below is the reason I don't give my kids juice. They gulp it down and scream when I refuse to give them more. This screaming is not worth that one cup of juice. So they usually just dont drink it at all.

Well, that's all the confessing I have for today! See you again next week, my Friday Confessional followers [if there are any of you.]


And that's how Suze confesses!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

This is totally unrelated to your confessional, rather a comment on your picture. How does "Spidey" look SOOOO grown up and slender? Look at that long skinny neck? WHAT THE HECK? ... Not like I've seen him IRL, just in pictures. And he's a big kid now. Sorry all my comments revolve around that point.

Your experiences, crying with Petey is the sweetest thing I've heard all day. She sounds very compassionate. You've taught her well. :)

Carrie said...

Hope you are having a better day! I know what its like to cry and have your kids try to comfort you. Its actually pretty darn comforting!