Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Yum! Yum!

Yesterday, I promised the recipe for the sweet pork that was our dinner. Tonight, you're going to get it. Sweet Pork: 7-8 lbs. Butt Pork Roast (cook thawed) 4 8oz cans tomato sauce 3 tsp minced garlic 2-4 c. brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like it) 4 tsp. Cumin 4 c. Dr Pepper 3 tbsp. Molasses 1/2 tsp. Salt Pepper to taste In a crock pot, add all ingredients, mix well. Add roast, cook on low for 12 hrs. Check every so often to see if tender. When roast is falling apart, take it out of crock pot, cool and remove fat. Shred and return to pot. Keep warm in pot until you serve it. Creamy Cilantro Dressing: 1 16oz jar La Victoria green salsa 1 pkg. Buttermilk ranch dressing [dry] 1/2 c. sour cream 1/2 c. mayonnaise 1 c/ chopped cilantro 1 tsp. minced garlic 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper 1/2 tsp. salt 2 tbsp. lime juice 1/2 tsp. cumin 1/2 c. sugar In a bowl, mix all ingredients together then transfer into blender. Blend until smooth. Chill and serve. Enjoy all of this yumminess!!! Tonight, we ate some of the leftover sweet pork in some super nachos. Mmmmm. I could probably drink that cilantro ranch and it would still taste delicious. :) With all of the other leftovers, I separated them into freezer bags and threw them in the freezer for the days that I dont feel like cooking [every day?]
Petey devoured the nachos and ranch but was more hesitant with the pork.
Spidey finished ALL of his pork and had a couple leftover chips. My kids are such opposites with food.


Also, some really happy exciting news from today! I actually used craigslist for the first time. I browse on craigs list all the time and today, this rocking horse just jumped out at me. I knew my little guy [and even his big sister] would love it and he does!
Isnt his cheesy face so adorable?
That same little boy got a lesson in time out's tonight. He kept hitting Petey on the head and so finally I told him to go to time out [not actually believing that he would]. Well, he marched himself right over to this corner and stood there for 30 seconds! Even though he thought it was funny, it's a start! :)

No comments: