Monday, April 23, 2012

The Monday Brags

What's a Monday without a little bragging? I was a bit behind on posting some of our recent events, hence the two posts in one day.

My son has been the picky eater in our family. He didn't like very many baby foods unless they were straight pureed fruits/vegetables.
Then when he started eating real food, he decided he didn't like breads, pastas, or tortillas. What the what?!
No cheese crisps, PB&J's, or macaroni and cheese.
It was hard to figure out things he would eat but I was determined to not give up on my picky boy. I've heard that when you have a picky eater, just keep introducing the foods they won't eat and sometimes, they'll eventually eat it.
So that's what we've done.
AND. IT. WORKED.
 Proof of some macaroni and cheese being devoured this weekend.
 More proof.
And notice his bowl is full again? No, the pictures aren't out of order. He asked for MORE!

Also, while in Carlsbad a couple months ago, my boy learned to love eating PB&J's. And ever since we came home from Carlsbad, he eats bread almost regularly. Don't you love his messy, messy, messy face in that above picture? He really devoured his PB&J and he actually finished off Petey's that day too. :)

And somewhere in between that time, he has even eaten a part of a cheese crisp (which is a quesadilla for those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about). That one is still not his favorite but just the fact that he will eat it if he knows that's what he's getting seems like an accomplishment to me!

It just makes me proud. I feel like I did something right and also that he is growing up and learning to try new things. And mealtime is SO much easier now that he will eat almost everything that the rest of us eat.

And that's how Suze brags.

PS: I swear we don't only eat PB&J's, mac'n'cheese, and cheese crisps. Those are just my go-to foods when I need to make something in a hurry for my kids. And since learning to like those 3 foods mentioned above, he eats many other pastas, tacos, sandwiches, etc. I promise. :)

No comments: