Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our Fives

Yesterday, Boss and I celebrated 5 years of marriage together. In honor of this joyous occasion, I've decided to list the top 5 reasons of why I am so lucky to be married to this awesome guy.
1. My husband holds the priesthood and honors his priesthood. If my children or I need a blessing, he is available to do it.
2. He is a handyman. If there is something broken, he will figure out a way to fix it.
3. He is a sweet daddy to our children. He plays with them in ways that I don't. He brings joy to them.
4. He sets goals for himself and sticks to them. He is a very motivated person and I'm proud of how hard he works.
5. He loves me through thick and thin. He loves me even when I yell and am "crabby wife". I'm so lucky to have him.

Last night at dinner, we asked each other to think of our favorite thing from each year of our marriage so far. I've decided to share my 5 because these have been some seriously awesome years!

2007: Our wedding was my favorite day from this year. Going through the temple was an amazing experience and choosing to stick with this guy for eternity was the best decision I've ever made.2008: We brought our first child into this world. I couldn't believe how much joy came attached with motherhood and how special this little human being was.2009: We brought our second baby into this world! Again, my heart grew and enveloped this baby in love and admiration. I cannot believe how special these babies are! I am so blessed.2010: I became a stay at home mom. This was one of the hardest and best decisions that we made as a couple. I know my children are better off and so am I because we are home together. 2011: Disneyland! Boss and our kids had never been and it was exciting to go and enjoy time as a family and also let Boss go with the guys and enjoy all the crazy rides that I wouldn't do. That was one of our favorite vacations as a family and we won't ever forget it.

I cannot believe all of the joy these past five years have brought me. I am so lucky to have such an awesome husband. Our life is not perfect but that's what makes it amazing. I really appreciate him and I especially appreciate that he loves me, faults and all. :)

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: