Thursday, May 10, 2012

Hard Mom Day

Today was a hard day.
My sassy, beautiful 3 yr old (for 6 more days) had a super hard day and it made the rest of us have a hard day.
Funny how that works.
This girl complains all day long of being hungry. I don't even think she knows what it would feel like to get full. I'm serious! She could have eaten the biggest meal of her life and MINUTES later, she is whining and saying she is "starving" and needs more food.
If you're wondering how I feel about this, it is driving me crazy! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!
Also, Miss Thang doesn't take the word "no" very well anymore. Anytime I tell her no, she freaks out and goes into full fit mode. Could someone explain to me why this is happening? This is my good girl! She is usually more happy-go-lucky than this and likes to share and make everyone around her smile. But lately, I'm at a loss.
Today, when the super huge tantrum started, I just put her in her room. After screaming to the point of gagging (I was praying she wouldn't throw up and thankfully, she didn't), she finally calmed down long enough to come out and apologize. Then I sat there and calmy explained to her that she would be taking a nap today because of her morning behavior. She whined for a minute and then accepted her consequence.
But of course, did she nap? Nope. She just kept her brother up from his nap and they played in their room for 2.5 hours. And I was ok with that because I got a 2.5 hour break.

It's days like today that I am thankful I only have 2 children. What will I do when there are more and one is in a horrible mood and after a ripple effect, all of my children are flying off the handle with me? Sometimes it just scares me to think about. Sometimes, I'm grateful that right now, we only have 2. I hope for more someday but there will already be at least a 3 year gap between our next kid and my baby boy and that is more than fine with me.

I apologize for rambling on tonight. It really was just a hard mom day. I could not believe the way my loving, caring little girl was acting. It was just nonsense. I'm hoping that doesn't keep happening because it wore me out but in a way, it also forced me to learn more patience. I hardly yelled at her because I knew the more escalated I was, the more escalated she would become. So maybe the test of my patience was worth it for having a rough day.

I love my little girl so much. I hope she will know that throughout her entire life. I hope I can be the best mother for her because she really deserves it. I know she's a good girl and whether this is a hard phase or just a really hard day, she will always be my good girl. I just love her to pieces!

And that's how Suze sees it.

PS: She is seriously going to be FOUR in less than a week. What the...?

1 comment:

Harris Family said...

Love this. You're such a cute mommy! We had the same kind of day with my ornery three year old! I'm so glad we're not the only ones struggling with this crazy attitude problem :).