Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Bittersweet Weekend

A young girl in our ward passed away last week (hence the mention of a funeral in my last post).
Because of my very special calling in our church, I got to help organize the luncheon and attend her funeral.
Amazing, to say the least.
Her mother put it best when she said about the funeral: "Ive never been in a funeral where you could hear so much laughter."
Before the services, I attended the viewing with some of my friends who knew Kelsey better than I. As we entered in, I was crying and I asked my friend why. I did not know Kelsey other than a very special encounter at the park a couple weeks ago. I realized that I cry as a mother and for her mother. In reality, I know Kelsey is in a better place. My heart hurts for her family who has to endure missing her during this earthly life.

Kelsey helping my daughter at the park a few weeks ago.

When I came home, my husband saw my puffy eyes and said, "I think you are too compassionate sometimes that you want to take away everyone else's pain."
And he's right. I don't like pain. I dont like it if others are feeling it. I've always been that way.

Kelsey's funeral brought back so many memories of when my friend (whom my daughter is named after) passed away 11 years ago. Seeing the teenagers cry and fill up a lot of the seats at that funeral reminded me of my friend and the special spirit she created; special enough to fill a whole church with loved ones. Like Kelsey, so many people loved my friend. And like Kelsey, I know she is busy doing missionary work up in Heaven.

I know that Jesus Christ suffered for us and knows all of our pains. He endured so much so that we can live again.

And that's how Suze sees it.

PS: I am now a blonde again.

2 comments:

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Isn't the gospel so comforting to know that one day we will be able to be with our loved ones and live again. I am great to be LDS. I am guessing by this post so are you.

I am your newest follower hon cant wait to read more.

Shay said...

Such a sweet post, Suzanne. I am so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families!