Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What would I do?

My friend, Jen, over at Denton Sanatorium is doing a link party this week that I thought would be fun.
She asked what I would do if I had 24, 48, or even 72 hours to myself.
And I thought about it for a while.
Three whole days without this silly guy?
And these silly kids?

Let's start with Day 1. I would organize our house. Throw away crap, donate stuff we don't use, and organize the rest...all after deep cleaning shelves and floors. Oh how good it sounds to be able to clean with no little hands undoing my work behind me.

Day 2 I would finish anything left from Day 1...after sleeping in. I would decorate the house and rearrange furniture and bedrooms as I've planned to do for quite some time.

Day 3 I would craft. Maybe go to lunch with a friend. And then craft. And blog. And watch some chick flicks.

All 3 days, I would sit down and eat meals at regular times. I would exercise every day. I would shower and do my hair.

Oh the possibilities.

And yes, I love every minute that I get to spend with my children. And I love every second I get to spend with my husband. Honestly, I'm sure I'd really start missing them after just a day of being away from them. I dont know how I'd last 3 whole days.

Jen, you ask a very dreamful question here. I'm sure mine will stay a dream for a long while until our lives calm down a bit. Thanks for the link!

And that's how Suze sees it.

2 comments:

jen said...

Great job. I fulfilled your organizing dream for you. Just the idea of not having monkeys digging through my piles--I couldn't resist!

karen said...

Sometimes it's nice to have that day away so you have the opportunity to miss them. And yes, you certainly would miss them, but some alone time is good too - hope you can find some one day soon! Your post reminded me of how I used to feel when my kids were little - good times, but very busy ones.