Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wild Wednesday- Find the positives

I am having a bad day.

The dishes were NOT rinsed out by a certain adult living in my household who shall remain nameless and whom I love even though the dishes are now taking me hours instead of minutes.

I don't feel like eating healthy and I feel angry that said person above can eat whatever he wants while I am stuck eating grass [not literally].

A little girl in our household who shall remain nameless is pushing her mom's buttons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again (overkill?).

Also, potty training is kicking my butt right now. Little Miss goes back and forth and right now, she doesnt feel like peeing in the potty...and yet she gets angry when I put a diaper on her. I am way too tired for this right now.

A certain little boy in our household who shall remain nameless is clingy, whiney, and doesnt want to eat most of the things his mom puts in front of him.

I miss my sister in China. Miss her every day. She was/is my best sister friend ever and honestly, I think a lot of times that is why I feel so down when things are great. I dont have that sister bond right now. I want it...but I cant get it.

But wait a minute...
Isnt this supposed to be positive Wednesday post?
Why yes, yes it is.

Since Ive been in this rut all morning, I've decided to list everything that I am grateful for at this moment.
  1. I am grateful for a hard working husband who goes to school every night and comes home tired but is willing to go back again the next night.
  2. I am grateful for two healthy, beautiful children.
  3. I am grateful for a home...no matter how small or how dirty...it is still a roof over our heads.
  4. I am grateful for my mom. For the new clothes for my kids, the lunch dates, the help cleaning my home, the employment, the encouragement and advice...she gives me so much.
  5. I am grateful for my dad. For the medical attention, love, support, and the hours of playing with my kids when he should be tired from working all day.
  6. I am grateful for my mother in law who sews my daughter dresses and is always thinking of my children...and also my father in law for movie nights with our kids and for always being so willing to play with our kids.
  7. I am grateful for my weightloss...though it is slightly stagnant right now and has stayed around 10 lbs, I am still grateful for it.
  8. I am grateful for my van...no matter how old or beat up it looks...it is mine and it has powered doors. ha!
  9. I am grateful for my library card...as stupid as it sounds, getting new books and movies every week has really helped me.
  10. I am somewhat/mostly grateful for screaming children...because it means they are breathing and alive.
  11. I am grateful for my blog and the friends I have made through it.
  12. I am grateful for friends, park days, and everything that surrounds me in my community.

You see? Through this fog I am in, I have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for listening. And if you get in a rut, write your own thankful list. I promise, it will help.

And that's how Suze sees it.

3 comments:

Design It Chic said...

You have such an amazing list of things to be grateful for, that the non-rinsed-dishes, non-potty-trained little one and a messy house, they all seem so small when you look at all the good ones. Oh and btw, your family is so adorable and you're doing an amazing job raising your kids! I just discovered your blog and I am now following you thanks to Thirsty Thursday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial to learn a few easy tricks to make your blog fabulous and fun. See you there!
Happy Thursday

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

I hope today is a better day for you!
New blog hop follower
Sweet T Makes Three
Facebook
Twitter

Ross said...

Wishing you a better day! I have two girls 7 and 3 and right now it's the same way. They are pushing ever button they can!! Liking your blog a lot. I'll be following it!!!