Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday

I've been wanting to use that title since I made this awesome wreath yesterday..so let's just pretend this was posted yesterday. I promise I started to write it yesterday---and then the Boss came home and found me asleep at the computer.

This lovely yarn wreath was one of the easiest things I've ever made and I think it is my favorite craft so far. I am LOVING the way it looks. I found the tutorial HERE. I've also taken pictures of my wreath in case you want to see more pictures of how it's made.

Supplies:
Yarn
Wreath form
Felt
Hot glue
Scissors

Start by tying a knot around the wreath.
Then start wrapping the yarn around the wreath. It doesn't need to be perfect...mine sure isn't.
Here's the finished product.
I didn't take pictures of how to make the felt flowers step by step so again, just go HERE. They are super easy to make and look how they turned out.

Here's Petey modeling the wreath. :)
I am seriously in love with the way these flowers turned out. You may see these turning up in other craft posts.
The finished product hanging on my door.

I made this wreath for Thanksgiving decorations but I loved it so much, I'm putting it up a week early.
And that's how Suze made it.

1 comment:

Janey said...

This is so cute, I really really want to make one!!! Question about the flowers--do you cut the spiral in a "wavy" pattern, or just the edges of the circle??